FAITH: God’s Language
Recently, the Lord has been teaching me about faith. Oh how I thank God for all of the people in my life that the Lord has brought my path to impart faith, anointing and knowledge into me! Great people such as my dad Pastor Tony Orick, Dr. Norvel Hayes and his daughter Pastor Zona Hayes-Morrow, as well as others! BUT, their is absolutely nothing like when He teaches you Himself! After all, who better to teach you about the Word, then the Word Himself??? So, for this post, I just wanted to share with you some of the wonderful things that the Lord has been teaching me about and stirring up within me concerning faith.
-EVERY Believer has a measure of the mountain moving, God-kind of faith. (Eph. 2:8, Rom. 12:3)
– Believing is of the heart, receiving is of the mouth. (Mark 11:23, Rom. 10:10)
– “If” and “Faith don’t go together. (James 1:6-9)
– “Excuses” and “Faith” don’t go together.
– Obedience is simply faith in action. (Heb. 11:8)
– To seek God diligently (Heb. 11:6) is to seek Him by faith in Jesus as opposed to seeking Him on the basis of your works.
– Faith operates as a law. Just like gravity, it’s not debatable or open to suggestion, it just is. (Rom. 14:23)
– Faith isn’t a work of the flesh, it’s a byproduct of receiving His love. (Gal. 5:6)
– The opposite of faith is legalistic works. (Rom. 9:32, Gal. 3:5)
– Hearing teaching and preaching on grace produces faith in the hearts of the people. (Acts 14:3-10)
– God speaks the language of faith. As His offspring, we are to speak the same language as our Father. (Heb. 11:3)
– We don’t “believe & speak” His Word so that it will become true, but because it is already true. (Heb. 11:1)
– Confessing God’s Word doesn’t move God, it moves mountains. (Mark 11:23)